MAKING A DIFFERENCE...ONE LIFE AT A TIME
Cedar Ridge Ministries
Four Distinct Ministries -
One Common Goal
Part Time Fill- In
The Cedar Ridge Residential Department is looking for PT Fill-In Staff to help with the “at risk” boys in our program. Activities with residents could include: maintaining proper behaviors, transportation, overseeing meals and duties, helping with getting the boys off to school in the morning and with homework in the evening, and some participation in recreational activities. Available hours could include: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 8:30, Mon-Friday 3:00 Pm – 11:00 pm, Saturdays and Sundays 8:00 am to 11:00 PM (Entire shift or part of the shift), Mon – Sunday 11:00 PM to 9:00 AM the next morning.
State Law requires that Residential candidates be at least 21 years of age, possess high school diploma (or equivalent), and possess a valid driver’s license. applicants should have experience in or familiarity with dealing with at risk youth. If you are interested in this position please complete an application. If you would like further details, please call Paula or Margaret in the HR Department.
OVERNIGHT AWAKE CHILD CARE WORKER
The Overnight Awake Child Care Worker should be required to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to be alert and awake during normal sleeping hours of residents, and to make decisions in keeping with treatment team interventions.
2. Complete paperwork in a timely manner, maintaining consistency in provision of discipline of residents, and providing a godly role model.
3. Provide security and supervision of residents during the night.
4. Assist in implementation of 24-hours treatment plans.
5. Assist other Child Care Staff with the morning routine.
State Law requires that Residential candidates be at least 21 years of age, possess high school diploma (or equivalent), and possess a valid driver’s license. applicants should have experience in or familiarity with dealing with at risk youth. If you are interested in this position please complete an application. If you would like further details, please call Paula or Margaret in the HR Department
All applicants must pass a detailed background investigation that could include:
1. Passing a health and physical conditioning screening which may include drug testing.
2. Verification of business and personal references
3. Verification of drivers license with a good driving record. (For positions that transport children and/or drive a Cedar Ridge vehicle.
4. Police/FBI/Child Protective Services background investigations
If you are interested in a position at Cedar Ridge please download a Cedar Ridge Employment Application. Please note that this is not an online application, but a file that must be downloaded, printed and completed. You may also need to print multiple copies of the last two pages. These pages are for your Business reference and we need at least your last three (if you have that many) places of employment. Once completed the Application may then be faxed, emailed, mailed or delivered for processing.
You may also wish to review our Prospective Employee Brochure to learn more about the culture here at Cedar Ridge and to review the benefit programs we offer full time employees.
Supplimental Information for Direct Care for Direct Care Positions which includes: examples of the physical fitness challenges for direct care positions; information regarding various State and Federal Regulations concerning Criminal History (convictions only) that might bar someone from employment in direct care positions; and summary information about upcoming State Requirements regarding Child Care Certification.
Paula Shatzer, CFO
301-582-0282 Ext. 141
Margaret Lamar, HR Assistant
The Cedar Ridge School is in need of a Special Education Teacher/General Education Teacher, High School Science This is a Full-Time 10 Month Position that will complete and carry out individual and group instructional planning for students that utilizes appropriate materials and activities to address each student's Individual Education Plan. It also will provide oversight/supervision to the assigned teacher assistant(s) in your classroom.
1) Must be 21 years of age or older.
2)Must have Maryland teaching certification in Special Education in appropriate grade
levels OR eligibility for certification. Have Maryland teaching certification in Biology, Earth Space Science and/or other specific high school content areas OR eligibility for certification.
3) Demonstrate maturity level leadership abilities conducive to maintaining a controlled
therapeutic classroom environment.
4) Must be able to function in a team environment to successfully complete objectives.
5) Must be able to maintain a high degree of loyalty, determination and confidentiality.
6) Must accept and affirm a Judeo-Christian world view in both personal and professional life. This affirmation includes agreement with the Cedar Ridge statement of faith, the personal practice of spiritual disciplines, and behaviors consistent with traditional moral values.
7) Must pass a detailed background investigation that includes:
a)Passing a health screening which may include drug testing.
b)Verification of Business and Personal References.
c)Verificationof Driver license with a good driving record.
d)Police/FBI/Child Protective Services background investigations.