MAKING A DIFFERENCE...ONE LIFE AT A TIME
Cedar Ridge Ministries
Four Distinct Ministries -
One Common Goal
All applicants must pass a detailed background investigation that could include:
1. Passing a health and physical conditioning screening which may include drug testing.
2. Verification of business and personal references
3. Verification of drivers license with a good driving record. (For positions that transport children and/or drive a Cedar Ridge vehicle.
4. Police/FBI/Child Protective Services background investigations
If you are interested in a position at Cedar Ridge please download a Cedar Ridge Employment Application. Please note that this is not an online application, but a file that must be downloaded, printed and completed. You may also need to print multiple copies of the last two pages. These pages are for your Business reference and we need at least your last three (if you have that many) places of employment. Once completed the Application may then be faxed, emailed, mailed or delivered for processing.
Supplimental Information for Direct Care for Direct Care Positions which includes: examples of the physical fitness challenges for direct care positions; information regarding various State and Federal Regulations concerning Criminal History (convictions only) that might bar someone from employment in direct care positions; and summary information about upcoming State Requirements regarding Child Care Certification.
Paula Shatzer, CFO
301-582-0282 Ext. 141
Margaret Lamar, HR Assistant
The Cedar Ridge School is in need of a One-on-One Crisis Associate. This positon will assist a Cedar Ridge School student in need of one-on-one adult supervision during the school day for as long as there is a student requiring one-on-one services. This position provides support to the classroom instructional staff in the management of the behaviors of the student in need of one-on-one services; intervenes as directed in crisis situations and assists classroom teachers in the implementation of education programming to the identified student. This position calls for flexibility and patience.
1. Must have ability to intervene in a crisis situation.
2. Must have sufficient academic abilities to support the student educationally.
3. Must have communication and counseling abilities in interacting with the student and the classroom staff.
4. Must accept and affirm a Judeo-Christian world view in both personal and professional life. This affirmation includes agreement with the Cedar Ridge statement of faith, the personal practice of spiritual disciplines, and behaviors consistent with traditional moral values.
5. Must pass a detailed background investigation that includes:
a. Passing a health screening which may include drug testing.
b. Verification of Business and Personal References.
c. Verification of Driver license with a good driving record.
d. Police/FBI/Child Protective Services background investigations.
Part Time Fill- In
The Cedar Ridge Residential Department is looking for PT Fill-In Staff to help with the “at risk” boys in our program. Activities with residents could include: maintaining proper behaviors, transportation, overseeing meals and duties, helping with getting the boys off to school in the morning and with homework in the evening, and some participation in recreational activities. Available hours could include: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 8:30, Mon-Friday 3:00 Pm – 11:00 pm, Saturdays and Sundays 8:00 am to 11:00 PM (Entire shift or part of the shift), Mon – Sunday 11:00 PM to 9:00 AM the next morning.
State Law requires that Residential candidates be at least 21 years of age, possess high school diploma (or equivalent), and possess a valid driver’s license. applicants should have experience in or familiarity with dealing with at risk youth. If you are interested in this position please complete an application. If you would like further details, please call Paula or Margaret in the HR Department.